"Let no one miss the grace of God!" (Hebrews 12:15)
We remain committed to:
Reaching our community with love
Honoring God through worship and obedience
Communicating truth with boldness and clarity
Our Essential Beliefs are:
- In God as revealed in the Bible as one yet expressing Himself in three persons.
- In Jesus Christ as the Son of God, second person in the trinity, born into our world a real human child and grew in stature to full manhood. We believe He died, was buried and rose again the third day, just as the Bible states.
- In the Holy Spirit, third person in the trinity, the agent of Christ given to each believer and seal of our relationship to God. He is the down payment of the Father's provisions for His children. He unites and empowers us as the Body of Christ in the world.
- In mankind as created in the image of God yet depraved in nature through our fall in the Garden of Eden. Declared to be enemies of God yet privileged with forgiveness, reconciliation and adoption as sons through faith in Jesus!
- In salvation as a gift of God through faith apart from the merits of good works of any kind. Our claim to justification before God is in that which Christ did for us.
- In the future return of Jesus to the earth to fulfill His promises to Israel, conclude His vengeance against evil and wrap up the history of the world at a time yet unknown.
- In the Bible as the revelation from God about Him, us and our world through human authors. The Bible is the sole authority by which all other ideas about God, us and our world are understood.
- In the Church as the Body of Christ in the world today, the pillar of truth for today's world, built upon the authority of God's word.
Others like us:
Although we regard our assembly as formally unaffiliated and non-denominational we do enjoy fellowship with a number of other groups that meet in similar fashion. From their beginnings in the 19th century British Isles such assemblies of Christians have been known as the Brethren and more formally as Plymouth Brethren, a name derived from a well known early assembly of this sort in Plymouth, England. You can find a representation of such meetings throughout North Carolina and worldwide from the Links Page by clicking on Assembly Care.
Opportunities for Participation:
We function according to the gifts and abilities each of us brings to the assembly. If you are concerned for a particular need in our group please offer your suggestions to the leadership team by contacting us in person or by way of the information on the Contact Page. We like to think there is room in the assembly for all our gifts to be usable in some way!